Monday, January 19, 2009

Not all the way back

I was rummaging through a hobby shop yesterday and I couldn't quite bring myself to purchase anything. Being out of serious collecting for 15+ years, I was shocked to see that there were certain packs of cards (new ones,not vintage), that were going for $20 a pop. This said pack had 5 cards in it with the guarantee of either auto,relic, or some kind of crazy rookie card. Let me tell you, I better pull a Wayne Gretzky auto out of this pack or its not worth my money. I just purchased a cello pack of 1984 Topps Football on Ebay for $6.99 ($11.94) delivered. That is even more than my cheap butt usually likes to spend, but I wanted to splurge a little. At least in that pack I have 10 chances to pull either a Marino or Elway rookie which pretty much have no chance of ever losing their value.

No comments:

Post a Comment